Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Love Mondays

Recently, Mondays have become my favorite day of the week.


I know what you're thinking, Mondays are awful, first day back to work from the weekend, blah, blah, blah. So hard to drag yourself out of bed, blah, blah, blah. I HATE Mondays, blah, blah, blah.
 Oh just be quiet for a minute and let me explain my insane statement. You see a few months ago I started spending every Monday with one of my favorite little men.
 

His name is Oliver.
 Everything about him is absolutely adorable, even his initials spell OWL how cute is that? In my opinion he is one of the cutest babies/toddlers/little men I've ever met.


Don't you agree?
Yes, Jordan. We absolutely agree, We've NEVER met a cuter little boy.
Good. I thought you'd agree.

Anyways, back to Mondays. Every Monday, I start watching Oliver in the morning, after his parents leave for work. There is usually only about an hour or so before his nap so we play around the house for awhile (he loves his toy cars) or sometimes we'll read a book.


Or attempt to read a book....upside down?


Or maybe we'll just chew on the book?
OK, you win books are read before nap time, when you're to tired to chew on them. They don't taste good anyway, we'll just stick to playing with toy cars in the morning. After his morning nap is when all the fun begins anyhow.

Once Oliver wakes up from his nap, we eat lunch together. Usually, for the first 30 minutes or so he's not completely awake yet and makes this face at me a lot.


I don't blame him. I've been up for several hours now, sitting in the empty house, bored, waiting for him to wake-up. So by the time he does I probably look a bit like this....


 Yeah, I'd be scared and a bit confused too. He tolerates me though and eventually,


after a bit of persuasion,


even though he tries to hide it at first...


Ah! There it is, happy baby!
This is his "okay Jordan, I guess you're kinda funny," look


But, he's still kinda tired. So he's just going to close his eyes and try not to laugh.



Wait, you haven't seen what I'm going to do next!


Yup, I'm hilarious. Well maybe not to you, but at least he thinks so. :)
Alright, alright enough shenanigans. After we finish lunch we usually go outside. Sometimes we play in the backyard.


When we are in the backyard we explore or pick the fruit off of the trees.
Some days we go downtown,


and chase pigeons, or climb boulders.


This kid is going to be an awesome rock climber.


Most Mondays, however; we go to the park.


Oliver loves the park. He can even climb all the way up to the slide by himself.


All that work and all he wants to do is bounce on the bridge.


Silly little boy, the slides are where the all the fun is.
You should try them.


Come on, it's fun. I promise.



Told you, that you'd like it
(Sorry the video clips are so choppy)

Oh what's that?


Motorcycle time.


This is his biker face.
He has to show off for the girls ya know.
Alright, this motorcycle doesn't move much.
Time for some real fun.


BAAAAALL!
 Ah! Who needs slides, swings, and motorcycles when you have a soccer ball?

Not this guy.
Our day is almost over though.
It's time to go home dude you're mommy is waiting.



Well, that pretty much sums up why I love Mondays. Good reasoning?
Ugh, but it's still a Monday.....even if he is kinda cute. Okay, okay he's really cute. Alright, fine we love Mondays now too. Humph.
I thought you'd say that. :)


 I hope all your Mondays are as great as mine, and if this post didn't make you smile this last picture will.


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment